Design Research Methodology | Final Compilation

Melvin Yung Khun Yew | 0357241 | Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
RES60604 Design Research Methodology
Week 14


Final Compilation

Image credit: Leverage Edu

This is the compilation of all the Design Research Methodology tasks, from the first research proposal task, critical analysis task and data collection task.


Module Information

▼ Here is the module information booklet for this module


Final Report PDF

Task 1 - 3 
Here's the PDF for the final compilation on Task 1 to Task 3.

Compiled on 23 July 2024


Final Compilation (PDF)
Access the Task 1 to Task 3 compilation file here:


Presentation Video

Task 4 
Here's the presentation video on the research summary.



Presentation Video
Access the YouTube video here:


Lecturer's Weekly Feedback

Here is the tutorial feedback form throughout the semester:



Access the Feedback Form here:



My Reflection

What did I learn
In conducting this research, I gained a deeper understanding of UI/UX design principles, particularly in the context of e-government websites. I learned about the importance of information clarity and the impact of cultural aspects on design. The comparative analysis between Malaysia and top-ranked countries like Denmark highlighted key differences in design approaches, which broadened my perspective on effective UI/UX practices. Additionally, I developed my skills in data collection and critical analysis of existing research, which will be invaluable for future projects.

Challenge(s) faced
One of the main challenges was defining the research problem and objectives clearly. Initially, it was difficult to pinpoint the exact issues with Malaysian government websites. Accessing relevant and up-to-date literature was another hurdle, as many sources were either outdated or not specific enough to my focus. Technically, analyzing the UI/UX design of the websites required learning methodologies, which was time-consuming. Managing my time effectively to balance research with other academic responsibilities was also challenging.

How I overcome the obstacles
To refine my research problem and objectives, I sought feedback from my supervisor and peers, which helped me narrow down the focus. I overcame the literature access issue by utilizing Google Scholar, which I've never tried before to help me better inquire about full article documents that are available online.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography | Task 1: Exercise

Illustration and Visual Narrative | Task 1

Digital Photography and Imaging | Task 1